We are looking for a speech and language therapist with up to 5 years’ experience to work within both mainstream and special school settings. This is an ideal development post because you will join a team of 9 speech and language therapists and will work alongside lead therapists for part of your week as well as having the opportunity to work autonomously. You will receive regular CPD time every week and be part of an excellent supervision structure. So what is on offer:
- The opportunity to work in a variety of mainstream and special schools during term time
- The opportunity to work in our Total Communication day service for adults with intellectual disability and autism alongside our fantastic team of communication facilitators
- 5 day per week of CPD time
- Regular supervision sessions with a lead therapist
- Regular peer supervision during school holidays
- Regular CPD days with the whole team
- An extensive internal training programme including Talkabout social skills training, Makaton training and autism training
- Opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge to suit your individual interests via our appraisal process
- Support to achieve your NQT competencies for those in their first year of work
What else do you need to know:
- We are the only therapy company in the UK to be accredited by the National Autistic Society and not only that, we were awarded Advanced Status!
- Our day service is the only one in England to have received Advanced Accreditation status from the NAS
- We are a team of 17 lovely people who are a mix of speech therapists and communication facilitators
- We have supported many NQTs through their competencies
- We helped Romsey to become the first Makaton Friendly Town in the UK
- We are a leading training provider in our areas of core business around the UK and internationally
- We encourage innovative practice and engage in both research and publishing as a company
- We are based in a lovely old building in the historic market town of Romsey, close to the New Forest and south coast.
- We are probably the friendliest and most supportive group of people you could ever hope to meet!
The post is a full-time permanent contract. We would also like to hear from you if you are interested in part time work. Salary: £24,000 – £30,000 depending on experience.
What to know more? Please ring for a chat on 02380 987134, send us an email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or arrange a visit by phoning Naomi Pearson or Marina Trivett, or for an application pack.
Closing date: 5th July
Interview date: 12th July